Friday, October 17, 2008

A li'l bit of shimmer

Hi all,
Don't ask me why I am so late and why I haven't had any creation since last week's card. I am now just waiting for Diwali... For the uninitated, Diwali is the Hindu festival of lights. It is one of our biggest festivals... we believe that Lakshmi, the Goddess of Wealth, visits our homes on that day. We wear new clothes; offer our prayers to Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi; have wonderful food and burst crackers (traditionally, though many have shunned this part of the celebration in recent years). All in all, it is a fun festival. But pre-preparations for Diwali include cleaning the entire house thoroughly (else, the Goddess might decide not to come over ;-) )... and this is what I have been busy doing the last few days. Cleaning all the cupboards and rooms... trashing the unwanted stuff and generally keeping myself busy for the festive season!!

Anyway, coming to this week's card. This one is based on Kazan's sketch # 11 at 2S4U. I spent quite a while on it due to the number of layers I have given. I have added some hint of glitter to bring in the essence of our weddings... and because I personally love the shimmer! I liked the effect though I still feel something is missing. Hope y'all like it. I will be giving it to my cousin, who is getting married in December.







Cheers,
Smita.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Smita
Your festival sounds amazing - I like the idea of cleaning and organizing so that you can enjoy the reward of celebration. Your card is super! Love the fact that you made the sketch into a shaped card. It is unique and your friends will love it.

Sharanya said...

WOW didi, that is just awesome. You are so NEAT with all your cards. I love the little tag you've attached.

Kathryn said...

Super CUTE -- love the shape and the colors -- so pretty ! :)