Saturday, December 27, 2008

My birthday

Yesterday was my birthday and I had an awesome time... I love receiving gifts and I literally received loads :-). Vineet gave me stuff that I absolutely adore... some from Body Shop and a superb perfume!! Clothes from Mamma n Papa, Mom-in-law and from the kids at home.

And then the actual indulgence... I went to the biggest Hobby Ideas store here- the one at Mahalaxmi. I shopped till I dropped, literally. Bought stamps, patterned papers, a scoring tool, markers, a border punch... I literally had a bag full of card-making stuff. Waiting to use them. Guess it will first be on Aaryan's birthday card. I am planning to try a waterfall card. I did try one last week, there were some mistakes that I want to correct this time around.

The best part of my birthday were some of the cards. Vineet ordered a card (yes, I made my own birthday card) and he paid me 6 times the decided amount for the card :-); Amit and Sumit (my brothers-in-law) made a super card on behalf of all the kids at home. I loved the other card that Vineet bought too. The cake was a yummy strawberry n chocolate cake... Lunch was at Bombay Blues and dinner at Aromas of China. I bought Aaryan a magnetic Doodle Pro-like slate that I had been long dying to buy for him. All in all, I had a super day.

Will post the pictures later...

1 comment:

Sharanya said...

The cake sounds yummy! I'm glad you had such a great time...waiting to see the pictures!